1. Neha, a desktop publishing professional has made several authentic looking certificates Of omajor indian and foreign universities and has sold these counterfeit for large sums of money to at least 3 people in india. Neha had sent these certificates as email attachments to prospective customers. Select the most appropriate answer keeping the said facts in mind:
a) Neha would be punished for forgery for forging a document under the information technology act,2000
b) Neha would be punished for forgery for forging a document under the indian the penal code,1860
3) Neha would be punished for forgery for forging an electronic record under the indian penal code,1860
4) Neha would be punished for forgery for forging an electronic record under the information Act,2000
2. With regard to jurisprudence relating to pornography, tick the most appropriate answer:
a) Most jurisdictions punish dissemination of pornography, in some manner
b) All jurisdictions punish dissemination of Publishing of child pornography,
c) In some jurisdictions dissemination and possession of actual child pornography as well as dissemination of simulated computer animated images depicting child pornography is penalized.
d) Some jurisdictions punish dissemination as well as possession of child pornography
3. Rita is not sure how exactly a digital signature system works. Help her to understand the process by choosing the most appropriate statement.
a) A digital signature is formed subsequent to a message digest.
b) A digital signature is formed by signing a message digest with a private key
c) A digital signature is formed by making a message interact with a one way hash been certified by a certifying authority.
d) A digital signature is verified by ausing hash function and public key
4. Select the most appropriate statement about a recognized foreign certifying authirty (CA) in india
a) A recognized foreign CA is recognized in india as a CA.
b) A recognized foreign CA is CA for purpose of the IT Act.
c) A foreign CA is a CA previously approved by the central government before being recognized by the controller and is required to be notified in the official gazette.
d) A recognized foreign CA is a CA recognized by the controller of certifying authorities and previously approved by the central government.
5. Digicert Ltd. Is a licensed certifying authority in india. Digicert obtained its license from the controller of certifying authority in 2001. However, business has not picked up and the company has gone into losses. The management of digicert wants to quit the business and wind up the company. Select the most appropriate statement from the following:
a) Digicert can quit the business and wind up the company.
b) Digicert has to notify the controller before terminating operations as a certifying authority.
c) Digicert should notify the controller, advertise and give adequate compensation where required before ceasing to act as a certifying authority
d) The certifying authority has to notify the controller, advertise and give adequate compensation where required before ceasing to as a certifying authority .
6. Computer software can be
a) Copyrighted in India
b) Patened in India
c) Both copyrighted and patented in India
d) Both copyrighted abd patented in the united states of Americas
7. ICANN’s UDRP requires a domain registrant to submit to mandatory administrative proceedings in case
a) The registrant’s domain name is identical to a trademark in which a complaint has rights
b) The registrant has no rights to the domain and has registered the domain in bad faith.
c) The registrant has a deceptively similar trademark, has no rights to the domain and using the domain in bad faith.
d) The registrant has registered the domain name for disrupting the business of the competitor.
8. Infecting someone’s computer virus can make a person liable to pay damages by way compensation up to
a) A crore of rupees
b) Two crore rupees
c) three crore rupees
d) four crore rupees
9. Rakesh has been accused by megaprogram corporation of reproducing and distributing their software Programs illegally. Rakesh is liable under:
a) Section 63B of the indian copyright act 1957
b) Section 63 of the Indian Copyright Act 1957
c) Section 66 of the Information Technology Act 2000
d) Section 66 of the Information Technology Act 2000 and Section 63 of copyright Act 1957
10. Hacking under the Information Technology Act 2000 Means
a) Unauthorized access to another person’s computer system
b) Deleting information stored in another person’s computer System.
c) Knowingly or intentionally deleting information stored in another person’s computer system
d) Knowingly or intentionally deleting valuable information stored in another person’s computer system.
11. A young lady named ritika adjania found her profile in an online community named “1worldcom” on its website. Net. Her surprise turned to horror when she realized that the profile pained her as a person of dubious character whose only interest was money. The profile also “boasted” of her achievements which included defrauding a bank of rs.10 lakh and getting away with it. Ritika immediately informed “1worldcom” of the posting and requested them to remove it. The posting was removed the next day but reappeared a week later. It was again removed but reappeared two days later. Deeply hurt, Ritika filed a suit for defamation against “1worldcom”. With reference to jurisprudence of defamation cases, examine the liability of “1worldcom”.
12. Rakesh had an appointment with Dr.Mina lahoti at the wockhardt hospital, Mumbai. While waiting for Dr.lahoti, Rakesh remembered that he had to email a document (that he was carrying in a floppy)to his office. As he looked around, he realized that there was a computer at the reception desk, which was switched on. However, the receptionist was nowhere to be seen. Rakesh immediately inserted the fooppy disk containing the document into the floppy drive of the computer at the reception desk. Just then, the receptionist entered and saw rakesh at the computer she immediately called the security guards and intimated the manager about the incident. The manager wants to take legal action against rakesh unauthorized access. Advise the manager.
13. Pooja has been assigned a project on “intellectual property rights associated with sami- condoctor technology”. She conducts a search on google and comes across many articles on the topic, she downloads the articles and uses them extensively in her project without taking permission from the authors of the articles. Pooja insists that since is using the articles for private use, she is not liable for any infringement. Is she right? Discuss.
14. Section 29of the information technology act2000 confers power upon the controller of certifying authorities to investigate contraventions under the act. Section 78 confers power uupon a police or above to investigate any offence under the act. Rashmi suspects rakesh of creating and publishing digital signature certificates for fraudulent purpose, but she is confused about whom to approach for investigating the suspected crime. Clear rashmi confusion with detailed explanations.