Financial Accounting & Analysis
1. For the following transactions, analyze the accounting transactions using the accounting equation framework:
- Introduced Rs500000 through a cheque by the Owner as the Initial capital in the business
- Purchased goods on credit from Ms. Ritu at Rs 40000
- Paid Rs 10000 as salary to the employees
- Invested Rs200000 in a fixed deposit account
- Paid school fees of the kid Rs 25000, from the business’s bank account.
Note: (2*5 = 10 marks) 1 marks for analyzing each transaction and 1 mark for correct journal entry
2. You started learning the course of financial accounting and analysis in the MBA Program. You learned about commonly used accounting terms. Discuss about any five terms which are commonly used by the different users of accounting information for the sake of understanding the financial statements.
Student may define and describe about any five terms.
3. From the given information:
|Amount in Lakhs|
|Cost of goods sold||580|
|Creditors at the beginning of the year||60|
|Creditors at the end of the year||100|
|Original cost of equipment sold||400|
|Gain on the equipment sold||50|
|Accumulated depreciation on the equipment||80|
a. Total purchases, credit purchases and payment to creditors.
b. Define the term Net book value; Accumulated depreciation calculate the net book value and cash proceeds from sale of investment.
Management Theory and Practice
1. Green Bell is a retail giant in India. Currently only confined to metro cities for their giant super store outlets, they are planning to spread to smaller cities in India. While working on the resource allocation, HR is planning on shifting a few of the current staff to new locations while recruiting local staff at each location in parallel. They need to engage the current staff in training for the newer audience. Discuss the expansion from the point of view of Hofstede’s five dimensions to include in the training.
2. Sateesh is a project manager in an IT company. He needs to deploy some additional developers to be based on site. He has a meeting with the HR for the same and needs to give a plan of resource deployment to the HR with clarity on how many new members vs how many current developers can be deployed on site. Managers have to make many decisions. Discuss various types of decisions managers typically make based on nature of the decisions, level of the management or capacity.
3. EarthMovers Ltd are into providing heavy vehicle services. They have various heavy vehicles like tractors, cranes, bull dozers, mixer trucks, etc. They have been growing increasingly and have employed a total staff of 1200. They have divided their business in a divisional structure. Based on this information, answer the following questions.
a. Discuss the features of divisional structure of organization and infer the divisions that EarthMovers may have employed.
b. Elaborate on the factors that influence organizational structures.