1. Three airlines serve a Srinagar. Airline ‘Amira’ has 50% of all the scheduled flights, airline ‘Biyas’ has 30%, and airline ‘chinar’ has the remaining 20%. Their on-time rates are 80%, 65%, and 40%, respectively.
Part 1) Draw the Probability tree diagram. (Note: You may use any software for this, like MS paint, MS office, etc.)
Part 2) A plane has just left on time. What is the probability that it was airline ‘Amira’?
2. Rashmi Dhar, manufacturer, and seller of ‘Kashmiri- kahwa’ through E-commers websites.
She wanted to know the effect of her spending in advertisement of ‘Kahwa’ on the sales, along with the other factors; ‘number of sales representatives’, ‘customer-satisfaction ratings’. For this research she has gathered the sales data in the following table, along with other necessary information.
Part 1) Define dependent and independent variables
Part 2) Write regression model equation only.
Part 3) Run regression analysis in EXCEL (copy all those tables from EXCEL and paste them in your document).
Part 4) Write the Interpretation of Regression statistics-table, ANOVA- table.
Write an interpretation (by referring P-value/ t-stat) on significant effect of independent variables on sales.
|Sales of Kahwa (in INR)||Spending in advertise (in INR)||Number of sales Representatives (person)||Customer-satisfaction ratings (1=highly dissatisfied to 5 = highly satisfied|
3.a. According to one survey in India, 75% of Instagram users love REELS. Suppose that 25 Instagram users (randomly selected) have been approached in the university located in vile parle. They have been asked about their status of like/ dislike the Instagram- REELS.
a) What is the probability that Exactly 15 of them would agree with the claim (or said they love Insta-REELS)?
b) What is the probability that Exactly 20 of them would agree with the claim (or said they love Insta-REELS)?
3.b. ‘Bhartdarshan’ is an Internet-based travel agency wherein customers can see videos of the cities they plan to visit. The number of hits daily is a normally distributed random variable with a mean of 10,000 and a standard deviation of 2,400.
a. What is the probability of getting more than 12,000 hits?
b. What is the probability of getting fewer than 9,000 hits?
1. List down briefly the various inventory management techniques prevalent in the industry. Discuss how some of these techniques would be applicable to an Automobile Service Shop in effective management of their inventories; i.e., Spares, Consumables, etc (assume several inventories of your choice).
2. Explain in detail the various types of plant layout concepts that area available in operations management. Give examples on where each of these types can be employed respectively. Briefly explain a layout applicable for a Retail store format, highlighting the good points and bottlenecks, if any.
3. A restaurant chain is planning to open up a new mid-sized multi cuisine restaurant. Considering their expertise and knowledge in the food and beverages services, they are confident of getting into the new restaurant operation. You are required to suggest the team on the following points:
a. Suggest a site location for the restaurant, assuming it to be Metro city (you can assume a city of your choice). Give your reasons for the same.
b. What strategy would the restaurant adopt for an Aggregate Operation Plan of resources given a time frame of a year?