1. Three airlines serve a Srinagar. Airline ‘Amira’ has 50% of all the scheduled flights, airline ‘Biyas’ has 30%, and airline ‘chinar’ has the remaining 20%. Their on-time rates are 80%, 65%, and 40%, respectively.
Part 1) Draw the Probability tree diagram. (Note: You may use any software for this, like MS paint, MS office, etc.)
Part 2) A plane has just left on time. What is the probability that it was airline ‘Amira’?
2. Rashmi Dhar, manufacturer, and seller of ‘Kashmiri- kahwa’ through E-commers websites.
She wanted to know the effect of her spending in advertisement of ‘Kahwa’ on the sales, along with the other factors; ‘number of sales representatives’, ‘customer-satisfaction ratings’. For this research she has gathered the sales data in the following table, along with other necessary information.
Part 1) Define dependent and independent variables
Part 2) Write regression model equation only.
Part 3) Run regression analysis in EXCEL (copy all those tables from EXCEL and paste them in your document).
Part 4) Write the Interpretation of Regression statistics-table, ANOVA- table.
Write an interpretation (by referring P-value/ t-stat) on significant effect of independent variables on sales.
|Sales of Kahwa (in INR)||Spending in advertise (in INR)||Number of sales Representatives (person)||Customer-satisfaction ratings (1=highly dissatisfied to 5 = highly satisfied|
3.a. According to one survey in India, 75% of Instagram users love REELS. Suppose that 25 Instagram users (randomly selected) have been approached in the university located in vile parle. They have been asked about their status of like/ dislike the Instagram- REELS.
a) What is the probability that Exactly 15 of them would agree with the claim (or said they love Insta-REELS)?
b) What is the probability that Exactly 20 of them would agree with the claim (or said they love Insta-REELS)?
3.b. ‘Bhartdarshan’ is an Internet-based travel agency wherein customers can see videos of the cities they plan to visit. The number of hits daily is a normally distributed random variable with a mean of 10,000 and a standard deviation of 2,400.
a. What is the probability of getting more than 12,000 hits?
b. What is the probability of getting fewer than 9,000 hits?
1. The training manager at ABC corporation has asked you to identify the kind of training programs that should be offered to the young recruits who have joined as management trainees and are to be imparted five additional general management programs along with their specify job training modules. The trainees are a mixed bunch of engineering and management graduates.
(a) How would you formulate your management research questions?
(b) How would you carry out a problem audit? Explain in detail the steps you would take for this.
(c) What could be the mix of variables that could impact the investor decisions? Is it possible to represent the same through a theoretical framework?
(d) State your study objectives and research hypotheses.
2. An Academic ———- Opportunities. The objective of the study was as follows:
- To assess the growth and development opportunities available in IT companies.
- To form comprehensive information shoot on the compensation packages for
employees of various IT opportunities.
- To assess the tradeoff that employees might make with respect to growth and development opportunities in case of an attractive compensation package.
- To profile the typical employee in the IT sector.
- The implication of the analysis for the IT study.
Develop a questionnaire for the above study based on the objectives?
3.a. Describe the four types scales with examples?
3.b. The table below presented the ranks which were assigned by three judges to the works of ten articles:
Compute the spearman’s rank order correlation coefficients for each pair of ranking and decide:
a) Which two judges are most alike in their opinion about these artists?
b) Which two judges are different in their opinion about these artists?