1. Three airlines serve a Srinagar. Airline ‘Amira’ has 50% of all the scheduled flights, airline ‘Biyas’ has 30%, and airline ‘chinar’ has the remaining 20%. Their on-time rates are 80%, 65%, and 40%, respectively.
Part 1) Draw the Probability tree diagram. (Note: You may use any software for this, like MS paint, MS office, etc.)
Part 2) A plane has just left on time. What is the probability that it was airline ‘Amira’?
2. Rashmi Dhar, manufacturer, and seller of ‘Kashmiri- kahwa’ through E-commers websites.
She wanted to know the effect of her spending in advertisement of ‘Kahwa’ on the sales, along with the other factors; ‘number of sales representatives’, ‘customer-satisfaction ratings’. For this research she has gathered the sales data in the following table, along with other necessary information.
Part 1) Define dependent and independent variables
Part 2) Write regression model equation only.
Part 3) Run regression analysis in EXCEL (copy all those tables from EXCEL and paste them in your document).
Part 4) Write the Interpretation of Regression statistics-table, ANOVA- table.
Write an interpretation (by referring P-value/ t-stat) on significant effect of independent variables on sales.
|Sales of Kahwa (in INR)||Spending in advertise (in INR)||Number of sales Representatives (person)||Customer-satisfaction ratings (1=highly dissatisfied to 5 = highly satisfied|
3.a. According to one survey in India, 75% of Instagram users love REELS. Suppose that 25 Instagram users (randomly selected) have been approached in the university located in vile parle. They have been asked about their status of like/ dislike the Instagram- REELS.
a) What is the probability that Exactly 15 of them would agree with the claim (or said they love Insta-REELS)?
b) What is the probability that Exactly 20 of them would agree with the claim (or said they love Insta-REELS)?
3.b. ‘Bhartdarshan’ is an Internet-based travel agency wherein customers can see videos of the cities they plan to visit. The number of hits daily is a normally distributed random variable with a mean of 10,000 and a standard deviation of 2,400.
a. What is the probability of getting more than 12,000 hits?
b. What is the probability of getting fewer than 9,000 hits?
1. Italiano is a popular restaurant in the Vile Parle area of Mumbai. The lockdown and subsequent Covid restrictions force the restaurant to shut shop. The owner Mr Ranjeet Sharma is also the main chef of the restaurant decided to start operations from home and use the apps of Zomato and Swiggy to run the place as a cloud kitchen. The business not only survived but became a profitable venture. The recent lifting of restrictions as put Mr Sharma in a quandary, should he now re- rent restaurant space at a very expensive rental value or should he continue to run it as a cloud kitchen. He has approached you, a marketing consultant for advice on devising a plan of action. What would you advise? Create a plan of action for the business. Create a communication plan. Create a consumer outreach plan.
2. You are the marketing director of Football Federation of India. Soccer as a sport although very interesting is not a popular audience sport in India. How would you generate consumer interest in Football? Create a marketing plan for making Football as a consumer sport using the marketing mix principles.
3. You are the marketing director for Super max theatre chain. You want to build a footprint for the chain across India. Before the commercial launch of the service, you want a better orientation of consumer expectations.
a. Plan a research program with clearly defined target groups, geographies, demographics you shall plan your research project.
b. Create a 10-question survey questionnaire.