1. Three airlines serve a Srinagar. Airline ‘Amira’ has 50% of all the scheduled flights, airline ‘Biyas’ has 30%, and airline ‘chinar’ has the remaining 20%. Their on-time rates are 80%, 65%, and 40%, respectively.
Part 1) Draw the Probability tree diagram. (Note: You may use any software for this, like MS paint, MS office, etc.)
Part 2) A plane has just left on time. What is the probability that it was airline ‘Amira’?
2. Rashmi Dhar, manufacturer, and seller of ‘Kashmiri- kahwa’ through E-commers websites.
She wanted to know the effect of her spending in advertisement of ‘Kahwa’ on the sales, along with the other factors; ‘number of sales representatives’, ‘customer-satisfaction ratings’. For this research she has gathered the sales data in the following table, along with other necessary information.
Part 1) Define dependent and independent variables
Part 2) Write regression model equation only.
Part 3) Run regression analysis in EXCEL (copy all those tables from EXCEL and paste them in your document).
Part 4) Write the Interpretation of Regression statistics-table, ANOVA- table.
Write an interpretation (by referring P-value/ t-stat) on significant effect of independent variables on sales.
|Sales of Kahwa (in INR)||Spending in advertise (in INR)||Number of sales Representatives (person)||Customer-satisfaction ratings (1=highly dissatisfied to 5 = highly satisfied|
3.a. According to one survey in India, 75% of Instagram users love REELS. Suppose that 25 Instagram users (randomly selected) have been approached in the university located in vile parle. They have been asked about their status of like/ dislike the Instagram- REELS.
a) What is the probability that Exactly 15 of them would agree with the claim (or said they love Insta-REELS)?
b) What is the probability that Exactly 20 of them would agree with the claim (or said they love Insta-REELS)?
3.b. ‘Bhartdarshan’ is an Internet-based travel agency wherein customers can see videos of the cities they plan to visit. The number of hits daily is a normally distributed random variable with a mean of 10,000 and a standard deviation of 2,400.
a. What is the probability of getting more than 12,000 hits?
b. What is the probability of getting fewer than 9,000 hits?
1. Interpersonal relationships between superiors and subordinates in an organization involve different kinds of power equations. In your opinion, arrange the 5 sources of power in order of importance, that are based on superior subordinate relationships in an organization. Justify your preference.
2. Performance of employees at the workplace depends on their personality traits. Describe the five major traits that most researchers agree upon and explain how they lead to meaningful workplace behaviour.
3. Mr. Ranveer Goswami, the current CEO retired from the organization and everyone bid him a very emotional farewell. He was a people’s leader and the team was going to certainly miss him. The young CEO Ms. Riya Talwar who was going to take his position had a tall task ahead of her. She was eager to implement the ideas she had in mind to expand the organization and was one focused leader, doing everything in her capacity to lead the organization to greater success.
a. Ms. Riya did not get the welcome or support she expected from the team. Her plans were not implemented with the same vigour that she had imagined? Which common organizational pitfalls in leadership are described in this scenario?
b. Correlating it to the above situation, explain how emotional intelligence would help the new CEO get the support she expects from her employees?