1. Three airlines serve a Srinagar. Airline ‘Amira’ has 50% of all the scheduled flights, airline ‘Biyas’ has 30%, and airline ‘chinar’ has the remaining 20%. Their on-time rates are 80%, 65%, and 40%, respectively.
Part 1) Draw the Probability tree diagram. (Note: You may use any software for this, like MS paint, MS office, etc.)
Part 2) A plane has just left on time. What is the probability that it was airline ‘Amira’?
2. Rashmi Dhar, manufacturer, and seller of ‘Kashmiri- kahwa’ through E-commers websites.
She wanted to know the effect of her spending in advertisement of ‘Kahwa’ on the sales, along with the other factors; ‘number of sales representatives’, ‘customer-satisfaction ratings’. For this research she has gathered the sales data in the following table, along with other necessary information.
Part 1) Define dependent and independent variables
Part 2) Write regression model equation only.
Part 3) Run regression analysis in EXCEL (copy all those tables from EXCEL and paste them in your document).
Part 4) Write the Interpretation of Regression statistics-table, ANOVA- table.
Write an interpretation (by referring P-value/ t-stat) on significant effect of independent variables on sales.
|Sales of Kahwa (in INR)||Spending in advertise (in INR)||Number of sales Representatives (person)||Customer-satisfaction ratings (1=highly dissatisfied to 5 = highly satisfied|
3.a. According to one survey in India, 75% of Instagram users love REELS. Suppose that 25 Instagram users (randomly selected) have been approached in the university located in vile parle. They have been asked about their status of like/ dislike the Instagram- REELS.
a) What is the probability that Exactly 15 of them would agree with the claim (or said they love Insta-REELS)?
b) What is the probability that Exactly 20 of them would agree with the claim (or said they love Insta-REELS)?
3.b. ‘Bhartdarshan’ is an Internet-based travel agency wherein customers can see videos of the cities they plan to visit. The number of hits daily is a normally distributed random variable with a mean of 10,000 and a standard deviation of 2,400.
a. What is the probability of getting more than 12,000 hits?
b. What is the probability of getting fewer than 9,000 hits?
Information Systems for Managers
1. You have been appointed as IT Head of a soon to be opened Retail chain store by the name of “India Retail Store” which will have branches all over India. India Retail store is a Private Limited company. Highlight atleast 5 security threats that a bank may face in today’s times and suggest 5 innovative IT security mechanisms to ensure that such threats do not harm your Retail store chain & that your systems remain as secure as ever.
2. Choose any e-Governance initiative of any country in the world which is aimed at helping the poor & the needy sections of the society. Enlist atleast 10 benefits of having implemented this system for the benefit of this downtrodden section.
3. The city of Mysuru is one of the cleanest cities of India and is in close driving distance from Bengaluru, the IT hub. You have been invited as an external IT consultant by Government of India with a mandate to convert Mysuru into a “Smart City”.
a. Which “Smart” city in the world will you choose as a benchmark to emulate some of the best practices of that city into Mysuru? Provide atleast 3 reasons with brief descriptions behind your choice of choosing that particular city as a benchmark?
b. Suggest & describe atleast 2 innovative technology enabled services that you will introduce into Mysuru so that it can be called as a “Smart city”?